Hello HARDbody challengers!
I hope the weekend was a good one for you all! I wanted to take a minute to talk about how to stay focused on your goals, whether it’s a holiday, work event or just a bad day. We all have rough patches in our fitness life, if you’ve read my story, you know that even as a trainer, I’ve had my pit falls. We are on day 6 of our 98 day HARDbody challenge and keeping these key factors in mind will help you stay on the right path. Staying healthy or sustaining your weight loss routine can be very challenging, especially when you first embark on changing your everyday routine. But you will never regret taking control of your future and living a much healthier life. It requires consistent work, but once you create a routine, it will feel like small steps to avoid major health problems. The accomplished feeling and positive results will be like nothing you’ve ever experienced
1. Nike has the best slogan, JUST DO IT! It’s so true in our fitness lives… My client this morning said that the hardest part of working out is showing up. I challenge you, don’t look back, keep moving forward. Take the first step towards your fitness goals and don’t think twice. Put your tenni’s on and just do it!
2. Humans are creatures of habit and the first few weeks while your body adjusts to changes can be tough, but you will find your body craving the healthier foods and the daily workouts. Creating a schedule for your workouts is a key factor along with planning your meals. Make sure it works for your life because otherwise it’s easier to fail. Life is all about balance and that’s why it’s important to also schedule your days off like our active rest weekends.
3. It’s easy to forget how great you feel after a tough workout. Everyday can be a struggle to remind yourself of this, especially when you’re tired or stressed. No one ever regrets a good workout and yet how many of us regret sitting on the couch all night or eating that greasy pizza? It can take time to see results, so the best thing you can do is ignore the excuses and discouraging thoughts, and stay focused on your goal
4. Find ways to create a healthy environment in your home and office. Discard anything that promotes unhealthy habits, like salty snacks in your office. Also set up an area of your house for indoor workouts. Create a relaxing environment somewhere in your house to de-stress, since stress causes your body to crave sugar. Keep a protein snack in your car like unsalted nuts to curb cravings before you hit up your kitchen the second you walk in the door!
5. Many people don’t understand or don’t want to believe that being healthy is not something you GET TO – it’s something you live by. Once you recognize it’s not just a few months of workouts or dieting, you learn to take it one day at a time. You’ll learn what things you can do without and how to slowly change bad habits.