I am really beginning to feel a mental change. I knew it would hit me but wasn’t sure when… It has definitely taking me longer this time to get back into a routine than it ever has before. I know this has to do a lot with my life now but I’m just working with what time and energy I’ve got because eventually, I know I will get stronger and gain back the energy I once had. I hope that you are starting your own fitness journey. Let me hear about it on the FB page, www.facebook.com/fgptstudio
We know that exercise has positive effects on the brain. Researchers at Duke University demonstrated several years ago that exercise has antidepressant properties. Other research has shown that exercise can improve the brain functioning of the elderly and may even protect against dementia. How does exercise improve mental health?
1.One theory for some of the benefits of exercise include the fact that exercise triggers the production of endorphins. These natural opiates are chemically similar to morphine. They may be produced as natural pain relievers in response to the shock that the body receives during exercise.
2. Some studies have found that exercise boosts activity in the brain’s frontal lobes and the hippocampus
3. Exercise has also been found to increase levels of “brain-derived neurotrophic factor” (BDNF). This substance is thought to improve mood, and it may play a role in the beneficial effects of exercise
4. The bottom line is that most of us feel good after exercise. Physical exercise is good for our mental health and for our brains
Set your interval timer to 10/10 for 12 rounds & complete the following two exercises back to back completing as many reps as you can.
1. Squat Jumps
2. Mountain Climbers
Complete 200 High Knee Skips
Reset your interval timer again for 12 rounds of 10/10 again and complete the following two exercises below, push as hard as you can
1. Jump Lunge
2. Mountain Climbers
Set your interval timer for 6 rounds of 40 seconds work and 10 seconds rest & complete the following two exercises.
1) Forward/side lunge combination – alternative left & right legs – Using sandbag or weights
2) Sumo Squat & V ab lift
* Repeat the whole workout again if you want an extra awesome workout session !
Bonus – Ab Workout:
Set your interval timer for 3 rounds of 50 seconds work and 10 seconds rest & complete the following three exercises.
1) Scissor Leg Switch Legs & Reverse Crunch
2) Touch Toe abs
3) Scissor Leg Switch Legs & Reverse Crunch
Bonus – Back & Chest Weighted Sculpt Cool Down:
Complete the following exercises below. Ideally you should be doing either between 8-10 repetitions or 10-15 repetitions. Make sure you don’t compromise your form for repetitions.
1) Standard Push up
2) Close Grip Pull ups – using pull up bar
3) Military Push-ups
4) Wide Grip Pull Ups – pull up bar
5) Diamond Push Ups
6) Decline Push Ups
7) Bent over Flys
8) Reverse Push Up